Re: Nautilus 3.2.1 and file associations

On 26/11/11 15:54, Camaleón wrote:

I've found this:

http://wiki.debian.org/MimeTypesSupport

Reading this, and then looking at /usr/share/mime I think that Freemind has been set up properly.

I am beginning to suspect that gnome3 is doing something wrong

And more specifically to Freemind, this thread:

How to properly register a program in KDE/GNOME
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/11/threads.html#00330

I don't quite understand this thread, but I do note that

/usr/share/mime/globs2 does define freemind as the application to process *.mm type files

I can't see where nautilus gets its list of applications to display to associate file extensions. That I think will be the key to this

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk