Re: Nautilus 3.2.1 and file associations

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 19:13:51 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> On 26/11/11 15:54, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> I've found this:
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/MimeTypesSupport
>
> Reading this, and then looking at /usr/share/mime  I think that Freemind
> has been set up properly.
>
> I am beginning to suspect that gnome3 is doing something wrong

(...)

If it was working before, so it seems.

Anyway, try this:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/82652/file-association-to-unlisted-application

It basically says that you have to append a trailing "%U" at "/usr/share/
applications/freemind.deskop" file, at the "Exec" stanza, that is:

***
Exec=/usr/bin/freemind %U
***

Now the application should be listed at the "Open with..." menu so you
can now set it as the default for that kind of file types.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón