Re: Network slow with "new" kernel (debianuser: to exclusive)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:57:59 +0100, debianuser.thegrue wrote:

(...)

>> I would try first to remove (not in the sense of "eliminating" but
>> "bypass") the firewall to discard the problem is generating from there.
>
> Yes, this would be sane. But the company won't switch it off and I don't
> think we have a way to bypass it :s

I was going to suggest to run some tests of file transfers going from
LAN<->LAN hosts instead LAN<->WAN (and thus avoiding the firewall
appliance) to get more clues about the culprit of the speed slowdown but
it seems that you finally find it by yourself :-)

> P.S.: Don't miss my next answer to myself ;)

Good catch!

But how that can deal with the fact that different kernel versions are
showing such disparate results? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón