Re: Debian: A noob query

On 24/11/11 14:57, Sam Vagni wrote:
Yeah sure, but it could really be silly but I don't know which
graphics card/chips I am using...? Can you please tell me about
it...But my speakers give sound whenever I play any song in Windows
XP, however, I remember it used Real tek audio drivers when I
installed windows....Speakers are giving sound, still graphic card is
different from it...? These questions could really be of very basic
nature, I do understand, but computers was not my field ever....
A good idea might be to use a live cd even one of another distro like Fedora and run the lspci command and then copy & paste the output to this list then we can see exactly what hardware there is and point you in the exact right direction.

Despite my frustrations with Fedora ive actually been trying out version 16 the last few days and it seems unusually robust and problem free.

Even if you want to run Debian in the long run testing hardware with the Fedroa live CD might be a good first step, as all the firmware etc will automatically be there and we can use it to quickly and easily find out exactly what hardware you have.