Re: GNOME3 Ugh! Reverted to XFCE4

> On 11/15/2011 02:00 AM, Selim T. Erdogan wrote:

> IceWM is maybe the best (still friendly) choice for the system
> described, but LXDE can help a great deal if you are not the
> customize-everything kind of user.

Might I suggest "awesome" window manager? It uses almost no resources,
can be manipulated entirely with the keyboard (although it also has
complete mouse support), can be customized extremely easily (although
the defaults are sane so it is by no means necessary to customize), it
even has a lua API.

I've been using it full-time for a couple of years now and it's
surprising how few times I've had to turn to the web for help with it.
It really just works. The only disadvantage I can think of right now
is that some applications (openoffice.org comes to mind) do not play
very well with it (which means that you can't resize their windows as
you can do with every other window) but I find this a minor
inconvenience.