Re: gnome-shell-extensions

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 19:25:57 +0100, DebianTR.WP wrote:

> On 11/14/2011 06:52 PM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>> Did you build it yourself? It is not available in wheezy repos.
>> No, I have the default "gnome-shell" without the extensions package
>> installed but the key you mention is present here and that's what lead
>> me to think something has been messed up in your system when you
>> upgraded the required packages or it's a packaging problem.
>>

> Hmm, OK then. A last question.
> I think the problem is even though every extensions is disabled, in the
> schema, they are seen as enabled. Therefore when I try to enable them,
> the tool cannot find any "disabled" one to enable. For example, you only
> have the "disabled" as a key. Because none of them are installed and
> enabled (if you of course pasted the whole output)

Hum... I'm not sure about that (and yes, I pasted the full output).

But as I have no extensions available at all so, what's would be the
purporse of be able to disable them? :-?

> Is not there a way to change/manipulate it by hand? Like, editing an xml
> file or conf file? Or maybe since I do not really know how it works, my
> thinking process is completely wrong :)

Look at here, the official docs are always a good place to start:

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Extensions

Maybe you can rename the extension folder so they are not detected and
then retry again.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón