Re: gnome-shell-extensions

On 11/14/2011 06:52 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:18:28 +0100, DebianTR.WP wrote:

On 11/14/2011 05:48 PM, Camaleón wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:06:57 +0100, DebianTR.WP wrote:

(...)

$ gsettings list-keys org.gnome.shell

command-history
development-tools
disabled-open-search-providers
enable-app-monitoring
enabled-extensions
favorite-apps
looking-glass-history
saved-im-presence
saved-session-presence

I think, there should be a key called disabled-extensions.
In fact there is... I have it in wheezy:

hpc03@stt300:~$ gsettings list-keys org.gnome.shell command-history
development-tools
disabled-extensions<<-- here!
disabled-open-search-providers
enable-app-monitoring
favorite-apps
looking-glass-history

Being experimental maybe it's better that you submit a bug report for
this or wait for a package update :-?

Did you build it yourself? It is not available in wheezy repos.
No, I have the default "gnome-shell" without the extensions package
installed but the key you mention is present here and that's what lead me
to think something has been messed up in your system when you upgraded
the required packages or it's a packaging problem.

Greetings,

Hmm, OK then. A last question.
I think the problem is even though every extensions is disabled, in the schema, they are seen as enabled.
Therefore when I try to enable them, the tool cannot find any "disabled" one to enable. For example, you only have the "disabled" as a key.
Because none of them are installed and enabled (if you of course pasted the whole output)

Is not there a way to change/manipulate it by hand? Like, editing an xml file or conf file? Or maybe since I do not really know how it works, my thinking process is completely wrong :)