Re: gnome-shell-extensions

On 11/14/2011 10:02 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 19:25:57 +0100, DebianTR.WP wrote:

On 11/14/2011 06:52 PM, Camaleón wrote:
(...)

Did you build it yourself? It is not available in wheezy repos.
No, I have the default "gnome-shell" without the extensions package
installed but the key you mention is present here and that's what lead
me to think something has been messed up in your system when you
upgraded the required packages or it's a packaging problem.

Hmm, OK then. A last question.
I think the problem is even though every extensions is disabled, in the
schema, they are seen as enabled. Therefore when I try to enable them,
the tool cannot find any "disabled" one to enable. For example, you only
have the "disabled" as a key. Because none of them are installed and
enabled (if you of course pasted the whole output)
Hum... I'm not sure about that (and yes, I pasted the full output).

But as I have no extensions available at all so, what's would be the
purporse of be able to disable them? :-?

Is not there a way to change/manipulate it by hand? Like, editing an xml
file or conf file? Or maybe since I do not really know how it works, my
thinking process is completely wrong :)
Look at here, the official docs are always a good place to start:

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Extensions

Maybe you can rename the extension folder so they are not detected and
then retry again.

Greetings,

I don't know if I am the only one with this problem. Isn't there anyone else wanted to see gnome 3.2 with its extensions, and having the same problem?

Whatever, if there are other people, I enabled the extensions manually (via gsettings and dconf), and it works.
Now my gnome-tweak-tool giving the same error directly but at least my extensions are enabled. And, I am having a happier life :)

Now, I'm waiting for an upgrade.