Re: [OT] mantis not sending e-mail

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 14:58:43 +0000, Joao Ferreira Gmail wrote:

> I'm trying to get mantis to send e-mails but I can't get it right.
>
> I posted on the mantis list but I got no replies. So I wonder if anyone
> on Debian list is using mantis.

I've never used Mantis before but I can make some comments though :-)

> I've tried many scenarios but I still can't get mantis to send e-mails.
> The logs generated are not clear enough.
>
> Anyone out there has had experience with this ?
>
> my config_local.php contains no settings. below is my config_inc.php

(...)

Did you already follow the steps detailed here? They are for Gmail but
the basics should also valid for other email servers.

Please read this if you have problems with emails
http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15398

Anyway, just for testing the mailing facility of Mantis, you can use your
own Gmail account and follows the same steps presented there.

> cat /usr/share/mantis/www/config_defaults_inc.php | grep smtp
>
> 	$g_smtp_host = 'gate.*******.com';
> 	$g_smtp_username = 'jmcferreira';
> 	$g_smtp_password = '*******';
> 	$g_smtp_connection_mode = 'tls';
> 	$g_smtp_port = 25;
>

> Any help would be much appreciated. The smtp settings are correct
> because this is the smtp server I use every day.

Hum... some things:

- The file you are editing ("config_defaults_inc.php") is different than
the one of the forums guide ("config_inc.php"). Is that right?

- Using TLS on port 25 can be right but it can also make things more
difficult to debug because you rely on the client side to do the right
things. To discard a problem with authentication or an error on the
server/client I would first try to configure a Gmail account as
instructed at the guide.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón