[OT] mantis not sending e-mail

Hello all,

I'm trying to get mantis to send e-mails but I can't get it right.

I posted on the mantis list but I got no replies. So I wonder if anyone
on Debian list is using mantis.

I've tried many scenarios but I still can't get mantis to send e-mails.
The logs generated are not clear enough.

Anyone out there has had experience with this ?

my config_local.php contains no settings. below is my config_inc.php

<?php
	/* Debian default configuration file for mantis. */

	$g_hostname = 'localhost';
	$g_db_username = 'mantis_user';
	$g_db_password = '*********';
	$g_database_name = 'mantis';
	$g_db_type = 'mysql';

	/* E-Mail addresses */
	$g_administrator_email = 'joao.miguel.c.ferreira@gmail.com';
	$g_webmaster_email = 'joao.miguel.c.ferreira@gmail.com';
	$g_from_email = 'joao.miguel.c.ferreira@gmail.com';
	$g_return_path_email = 'joao.miguel.c.ferreira@gmail.com';

	 include("config_local.php");
?>

and my contains this concerning smtp stuff

cat /usr/share/mantis/www/config_defaults_inc.php | grep smtp

	$g_smtp_host = 'gate.*******.com';
	$g_smtp_username = 'jmcferreira';
	$g_smtp_password = '*******';
	$g_smtp_connection_mode = 'tls';
	$g_smtp_port = 25;

Any help would be much appreciated. The smtp settings are correct
because this is the smtp server I use every day.

Thank you
Joao