Re: GNOME3 Ugh! What specifically didn't work.

As a follow-up, installing gnaome-tweak-tool allows one to restore the
minimize and maximize buttons to each window.

When switching apps, Alt-Tab brings up the list of apps, but while
continuing to hold down the Alt key, pressing left goes through the list
from right to left.  When one gets to an app with more than one window
while still holding the Alt key, down arrow and then left or right
selects one of the multiple windows.

Apps that used the former system tray now place their icons in a special
bar at the bottom of the screen.  Moving the mouse to the lower right
corner makes the bar visible.  I am seeing my apps from Spideroak and
WiCD in that area.

Not GNOME 3 specific although related.  I have noticed that the version
of Network Manager in Wheezy and Oneiric will get a bad case of dropping
the network when streaming audio to a PulseAudio server over the
network.  It seems that WiCD has no such issue and handles the streaming
just fine.  In times past I would purge NM after installing WiCD as they
don't play together in my experience.  Now the gnome-core and gnome
packages are dependent on NM so I had to leave it installed and change
all of its S links in /etc/rc[2-5].d to K links.  It seems as though
gnome-core should have a co-depends on either network-manager-gnome or
wicd.  That may be worthy of a bug report.

- Nate >>