Re: update-flashplugin-nonfree issue

J. Bakshi wrote:
> When I executed the command as you suggested, I get as below
> flash-mozilla.so - auto mode
>   link currently points to /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
> /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so - priority 50
> /usr/lib/lightspark/liblightsparkplugin.so - priority 0
> Current 'best' version is '/usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so'.

That all looks pretty normal from that output.  You have had
lightspark installed previously.  It is possible that something from
that previous installation is hanging around causing trouble.  I think
it should have been working with just that installed.  Of course I
know you said it wasn't working and I believe you.  And of course it
is working now.  So that is good too.

> Though I have seen somewhere that chrome now a days shipped with inbuilt flash player
> for better performance.. but here I need to install it separately. Any ways the browsers
> are running well now :-)

Yes.  For Google's Chrome browser it is built in.  See this reference.

  http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=108086

But Google's Chrome browser isn't quite the same as the free
distribution Chromium Browser.  Since code for Adobe Flash isn't
available for the free version I assume that it must use the plugin
the same as other free browsers.  But I haven't been following the
Chromium browser project very closely.  I assume it uses it from the
mozilla plugins so that it can share in the already relatively mature
packages already available.

Bob