Re: [OT] can't see own post to the list

On 13/11/11 16:14, Doug wrote:
> On 11/12/2011 11:48 PM, J. Bakshi wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have noticed that my own post to the list has been detected as spam
>> at the gmail.
>> Any way to avoid this ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Probably not spam.

Probably correct. It'd be the first time I've ever heard of a webmailer
marking a client post as spam. If it's not in your gmail spam folder -
it's not been marked by gmail as spam.

Are you certain your webmail account marked it as spam??

If it did - log into your account, find the email in the spam folder,
select it and click on the "Not Spam" button.

> GMail deliberately removes your own list messages so
> you can't see them and know that you actually were successful in
> posting.

Well, no.
Not that I have shares in Google - just a dislike for BS and trolls.
The gmail default settings is to *not* provide you with a duplicate in
Sent mail. It's trivial to change - or just look at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2011/11/author.html

This will show you your posts for the last 24 hours:-
http://www.google.com/search?q=J.+Bakshi+site%3Alists.debian.org%2Fdebian-user&tbs=qdr:d

> I don't know why anyone would use GMail.

For the same reason anyone outsources. So that someone else does the
heavy lifting (spam filtering, storage, security etc).

I don't know why *you'd* use an email account hosted on a server in
Pakistan. Doesn't mean their isn't a good reason. :-)

> --doug

Cheers