Re: HTTP proxy over ssh recommendation?

Gilles Mocellin wrote:
> Bob Proulx, vous avez écrit :
> > Can someone recommend a simple HTTP proxy program that I could run
> > on the remote ssh logged into system that I could then use to
> > provide my local browser access to the web on the remote private
> > network?
>
> What I have used :
> If you just want a proxy : tinyproxy
> If you want some filters : privoxy

Thank you very much for that suggestion!  Tinyproxy looks like a very
good match for my needs.

By default it starts up a deamon on the remote end to act as a proxy.
I don't want a daemon running all of the time and I also don't want
the proxy accessible to others.  But the launching as a daemon can be
easily disabled.  I did so.  Then the program can be launched on
demand with the -d (debug) option to remain in the foreground.  All of
the other defaults appear fine for me.

Works great!  Thanks!

Bob