Re: apache 2.2.16 deadly slow

On 11/9/2011 10:37 PM, J. Bakshi wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 20:53:57 -0600
> Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/9/2011 7:38 PM, J. Bakshi wrote:
>>
>>> This is a apache server with php 5.3
>>> The pages are based on php. Even the viewvc aka svn viewer is also taking tooo
>>> much response time :-(
>>
>> viewvc uses Python, not PHP.
>>
>> Are we talking about two different computers here, a server and a
>> workstation?  Or are you running apache2 and viewvc on a single machine?
>>  I'm getting the feeling this is on all one PC.
>>
>> Hint: when you tell a mailing list you are having an apache2 problem
>> after a distro upgrade, 'everyone' will assume you have apache2 running
>> on a dedicated server machine, not your workstation.  You need to
>> clarify this and provide a whole lot more details about your system setup.
>>

> Obviously a *dedicated server* having debian squeeze with apache, php, mysql
> It has 4 GB RAM and xeon processor. Two 500 GB HDD aer configured in RAID-I
> 64 bit arch. Yes, after upgradation , I have restarted the server for several
> times...
>
> And a very important point. I have installed the debian squeeze with apache,
> mysql etc... on a new server with 8 GB RAM and i5 processor. a strong server than
> the exiting. And found the apache response time is also slow here !!!!
> Apache version is same 2.2.16
>
> No such error at apache2/error.log and /log/messagess which can indicate
> any clue
>
> But why the apache is so slow on a newly installed box ?

I'm sorry.  I'm afraid I'm unable to help you any further.  Maybe try
the apache mailing list:

To subscribe, send an empty message to

users-subscribe@httpd.apache.org

You will receive a confirmation message with instructions on how to
validate your subscription. After you have subscribed, you can post to
the list by sending messages to users@httpd.apache.org. You cannot post
to the list without subscribing.

--
Stan