Re: Re: Network Manager in Debian and modem with non-standard init strings

 You mean that Empathy cannot recognize there is a network connection in
 place when you use wvdial? :-?

 That sounds to me like a very big limitation or even a bug... let me do a
 quick search.

Yes, I think so too, however similar behaviour presents also the evolution - when started only with
a connection established via pon, it starts in the off-line mode, promissing to go on-line
as soon as network connection is set up.

 Ah... look:
 Empathy for WVDIAL users
 http://reliancewireless.wordpress.com/2010/03/27/empathy-for-wvdial-users/
 Maybe that workaround also works for you :-)

Well, unfortunately I have no use_conn checkbox in gconf-editor for empathy.
All I have is:
import_asked - checkbox
accounts - submenu
contacts - submenu
conversation - submenu
ui - sumbenu

In no one of the listed submenu exists use_conn :-(.
--
Regards,
Wojtek