How to slow down the fan?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: How to slow down the fan?
- From: shiyao ma <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 17:01:50 +0800
- Message-id: <CAJQX3DwM7gn_pG=+Er0qh6B=3cjwY6L7yoY8oiht8_w0daw9PQ@mail.gmail.com>
About a month ago, I posted a mail here, asking for help on how to cool down the temperature on debian(when in windows, the temperature is fine). And later, I have tried a lot of methods, but none has produced any result.So, today, I went out to let a worker clear the dusts of my laptop and installed a new fan on the laptop.
Now, the temperature is fine, but the fan keeps running. I guess this is because I installed the xorg-radeon-driver, maybe fglrx will slow down the fan?
I am now in debian wheezy, and I find package fglrx is not in testing, but in squeeze. So, is it feasible to install the fglrx in squeeze? If is, the how to?