Re: bootlogd

Camaleón wrote:

> Yes, and that sounds even weirder, I mean, that can be launched on a
> running system but fails when loading. I've also found another bug
> report (which is older than the one you pointed before) that basically
> comes to say the same as you:

> And I'm afraid I'm now out of ideas. Let's see if someone else can
> give you additional advice on how to debug this problem :-)

Unfortunately my logs don't go back far enough to see what was changed
when the problem first started. This PC is nearly 10 years old and its
config hasn't been changed since the problem first started, so I think I
should be able to rule out a hardware related issue.

I have now had a look at /etc/rc2.d and see that bootlogd isn't started
by sysvinit-utils and only 'S20stop-bootlogd' is linked which stops
bootlogd at boot completion.

If I add a link to bootlogd with 'S07bootlogd' it mysteriously gets
changed to 'S04bootlogd' after startup and I then see the 'Starting
Bootlogd - Bootlog failed' error messages in the console at startup.

My guess is that a process other than sysvinit is supposed to start the
bootlogger. I still use lilo as a boot loader and I presume that your
Wheezy starts with grub, so I wonder if this a lilo/grub issue?

Regards

Bob