Re: bootlogd

Camaleón wrote:

> It works here but I edited this line:
>
> BOOTLOGD_OPTS="-r -c -l /bootlog"

I've now changed mine to be the same as yours

> After restarting the system the file is indeed placed at the "/"
> instead "/var/log/boot".

If I now run /etc/init.d/bootlogd start It does indeed write an empty
log file /bootlog and on shutting down writes some 'stopping' entries
into the file.

> If this is not working for you then you may be facing a different
> issue unrelated to having a separated "/var" partition :-?

On rebooting I see a console message "Starting bootlogger - bootlog
failed' and does not not add any boot data to the bootlog file.

As you say the problem seems to be unrelated to /var on a different
partition. The logger seems to be basically working but failing to start
up for some reason.

Regards

Bob