bootlogd

On my up-to-date sid distro, my /var/log/boot hasn't been updated since
13 April 2011 (BOOTLOGD_ENABLE is set to Yes in /etc/default/bootlogd).

This looks to be the same as  Bug 624289 which was raised against the
sysvinit-utils package but perhaps should have been raised against the
initscripts package.

I haven't been able to find any workarounds to run bootlogd at boot time
and need to look at my boot data so I would be interested to know if
there any alternatives to bootlogd.

Bob