Re: Recommendation for National Public Radio player

Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:53:43 -0500
> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

>> Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> writes:
>>

>> [...]
>>
>> > Iceweasel with Adobe Flash plugin works fine here.
>> >
>> > Celejar
>
>> Thank you all.  So there is some link you guys just hit with iceweasel
>> and you start hearing npr public broadcast?
>
> Can you explain what doesn't work for you? Here, I can go to npr.org,
> click the 'listen' tab, click on the (e.g.) 'Morning Edition' link, a
> new window opens, click on the Flash icon (I'm using NoScript /
> Flashblock), then click the 'play' icon on the player that appears, and
> it starts.
>
>> Is there some reason this would not work the same in firefox?
>
> Hard to imagine.

Yes, you are right.  I see now, all that was wrong was I wasn't
waiting long enough... I finally say a little sign that said
`buffering' so I know its about to play, and then the numbers start
clicking by.

Apparently I do not have sound working yet... but at first I didn't
see anything at all happening... it took a surprising long time to
start to see things happening.