Re: Recommendation for National Public Radio player

Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net> writes:

[...]

> Looks like there are three streaming options from NPR,
> 1. NPR media player , needs flash, use a browser
> 2. MP3 stream, lots of player apps  there.
> 3. Windows Media Player ?
>
> I listen to NPR using Iceweasel & flash in stable.

[...]

Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Iceweasel with Adobe Flash plugin works fine here.
>
> Celejar

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

[...]

> I will start off by listing what does NOT work with it.  It is all
> about the Flash content.
>
> I am using Iceweasel (Firefox) 7.0 in Sid with the gnash (GNU flash)
> plugin on a 64-bit amd64 desktop.  None of the Flash content will play
> using the latest gnash.  This includes the online streaming audio feed
> and all of their Listen links which all use the flash player plugin.
> Their audio is available for download as mp3 format and that plays
> fine.
>
> Using Stable Squeeze with Iceweasel (Firefox) 7.0 packaged for Debian
> from http://mozilla.debian.net/ and the 32-bit nonfree Adobe Flash
> plugin works fine and plays the audio and videos without problem.
> Everything appears perfectly and I have no problems of any kind.

Thank you all.  So there is some link you guys just hit with iceweasel
and you start hearing npr public broadcast?

Is there some reason this would not work the same in firefox?

Also is there a guide somewhere how to get that non-free Adobe flash
player installed.  I don't recall the details now but I seem to
remember having it fail a time or too in firefox.

Going to try it again right now...