Re: Recommendation for National Public Radio player

Harry Putnam wrote:
> Apparently I do not have sound working yet... but at first I didn't
> see anything at all happening... it took a surprising long time to
> start to see things happening.

The most common problem people run into is that sound is muted by
default.  That is the safe program default.  If you haven't used sound
previously then almost certainly you will need to unmute it.  Bring up
alsamixer in a terminal or click on your sound gui and ensure that
sound is not muted and set to a reasonable volume.  I always test that
I can play something local and known good first.

There are audio files installed by various programs at
/usr/share/sounds/* that you could try playing first as a test of your
sound system.

Bob