Re: Fn Backlight keys on Dell XPS

Good time, rudu:

>> Mmm, you can consider:
>>
>> a) Asking at Ubuntu forums/mailing lists
>> b) Open a bug report in Ubuntu for the non-functional function keys
>> c) Try with a new kernel version (from a LiveCD to avoid messing up
>> things)
>> d) Using "xbacklight" application
>>
>> Greetings,
>>

>Thank you very much Camaleón.
>I'll investigate this thoroughly.
>
>And apologies to the list for this misplaced question.

Besides what Camaleón has suggested - for sure there is an utility for
Your nDE You can write a simple bash script that will run the following:

echo n > /proc/acpi/video/VGA/LCD/brightness

where n is one of:

37 12 25 37 50 62 75 87 100

(st least for my system), and make shortcuts for those keys.

Or, if constant brightness is OK, You can set it at the boot time by
adding the above command to

/etc/rc.local

file.