Re: framebuffer resolution problem

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:14:00 -0700, daniel jimenez wrote:

>> Ah... you're using the nvidia closed driver.
>
> I'm sorry, forgot about the nvidia thing.

With nvidia closed driver this can be tricky because it does not use KMS.

>> > upon checking /etc/default/grub
>> >
>> > i was able to find
>> > GRUB_GFXMODE=1280x800
>> > GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD=keep
>> >
>> > thanks for the help
>>
>> If that did it, fine then :-)
>
> Not really.. I found the GRUB_*... but that was already there and my tty
> resolution is still the same.
>
> any thoughts?

Mmmm, have you tried with the values Max and I already suggested?

(try this separately, one at a time)

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="vga=792"
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=1280x800x32

You can also try with a variation of your first attempt (I've read this
over Internet so most probably will also fail...):

GRUB_GFXMODE=auto
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD=keep

After every change remember to run "update-grub".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón