Re: Configuring Gnome fallback

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:24:37 -0400, Frank wrote:

> On 17/10/11 03:08 PM, Joe wrote:

(...)

>> How to win friends and influence people... I'll be spending the rest of
>> the evening trying to make this heap of junk functional again.
>>

>    Well it has been 4 or is it 5 days since the switch to 3 started on
> this sid system..and , while it sort of resembles my old gnome desktop
> (if you squint and ignore much stuff) it seems it's gonna be awhile
> before it is what I'd consider completely functional. Then again, we are
> running the UNSTABLE version of Debian :)

Very true... and the current upstream GNOME stable version is now 3.2,
3.0 release can nowadays be considered "obsolete" and "a thing of the
past" :-P

> By the way, the gnome-tweak tool sort of configure gnome3...but usually
> gnome ignores what you've changed. I am going to file a bug as soon as I
> figure out what's going on.

I'll install gnome-shell as soon as reaches wheezy because of that
precisely reason: testing to help GNOME to be more polished in Debian and
fill lots of bugs reports because I'm sure Debian devels _love_ receiving
bugs (hope you can sense the irony behind these words >:-)...).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón