Re: Configuring Gnome fallback

On 17/10/11 03:08 PM, Joe wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:02:51 -0400
Frank<debianlist@videotron.ca>  wrote:

On 16/10/11 03:43 PM, Joe wrote:

It begins to look as if someone has managed to reinvent Windows...

I shouldn't laugh, my particular sid has eight bugs stopping the
Gnome upgrade, so my joy is yet to come.

     Good luck with that :)

OK, I'm definitely not laughing now. I let it go, and it installed a
fair amount of Gnome 3, without bothering with gdm3.

When I got it started, it sneered at me for not being having a good
enough karma to be allowed to run Gnome 3, and left me with something
that research suggests might be a Gnome 2 desktop. It is, however,
missing almost everything that was in my old Gnome,

//snip//

How to win friends and influence people... I'll be spending the rest of
the evening trying to make this heap of junk functional again.

Well it has been 4 or is it 5 days since the switch to 3 started on this sid system..and , while it sort of resembles my old gnome desktop (if you squint and ignore much stuff) it seems it's gonna be awhile before it is what I'd consider completely functional. Then again, we are running the UNSTABLE version of Debian :)

By the way, the gnome-tweak tool sort of configure gnome3...but usually gnome ignores what you've changed. I am going to file a bug as soon as I figure out what's going on.

--
Cheers
Frank