mrtg config

Hi,

A long time ago someone configured mrtg for us to keep track of the traffic on our Procurve switches. At the top of the mrtg.cfg file is:
# Created by
# /usr/bin/cfgmaker --subdirs=HOSTNAME --no-down public@172.16.128.2 public@172.16.128.124 public@172.16.128.125 etc.

As time went by some switches have been replace, some added with new ip-numbers we changed the default snmp string, etc.

I want to set it up again so we have once more a proper view of the traffic on our switches.

1)
Can I simply run a new cfgmaker command restart mrtg and be done?
If so, there is no mrtg script in /etc/init.d/ so how do I restart mrtg.

2)
Does anyone know if all Procurve switches with recent firmware support SNMP v2? If not, where might I find that information? I would like to use the option --snmp-options :::::2 to force the use of snmp v2 on all switches. For the few that do not support v2 I might then specify v1.

Bonno Bloksma