Re: mrtg config

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 12:08:30 +0200, Bonno Bloksma wrote:

(..)

> 1)
> Can I simply run a new cfgmaker command restart mrtg and be done? If so,
> there is no mrtg script in /etc/init.d/ so how do I restart mrtg.

If the package has been already configured and setup I'd say you only
will have to generate the new config file (save a backup for the older,
just in case). What you may need to restart/reload is "snmpd" service :-?

> 2)
> Does anyone know if all Procurve switches with recent firmware support
> SNMP v2? If not, where might I find that information?
> I would like to use the option --snmp-options :::::2 to force the use of
> snmp v2 on all switches. For the few that do not support v2 I might then
> specify v1.

For this one I can't tell. I suppose it will depend on the exact Procurve
device you have in your hands... You can query HP switches database from
here:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/products/switches/index.aspx

Choose the series it belongs to, then your model and look for its
technical specifications. SNMPv1 should follow RFC 1213 while SNMPv2
should appears as RFC 1901 and/or RFC 1908 (additional info on the
corresponding RFC's can be found here¹).

¹http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Network_Management_Protocol

Greetings,

--
Camaleón