Re: Re: grub-install fails an RAID1

Regardless of the possibility to use the space, I ALWAYS leave the
first cylinder of a disk unused (aligning partitions to cylinder
boundaries). I find the idea of using the first cylinder for "optimal"
space usage a bit ridiculous, to be honest. With thousands of
cylinders on a disk, if not more, a single unused cylinder doesn't
matter all that much (we're talking about 8032.5 Kilobytes here). And
keeping it (and maybe the last one) free means these problems simply
don't turn up at all, with over 7MBytes available for the bootloader.
Is there any boot loader available that would use need much?