Re: debian vs. wide-dhcpv6-client

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 02:37:40PM +0100, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>    I wonder if you have any expirence how to set up a interface in
>    /etc/network/interfaces to pick up IPv6 address using wide dhcpv6 client.
>    It seems that I can have static and DHCP for IPv4, but only static for
>    IPv6.

I use radvd and auto-configured addresses myself, but I would expect the
stanza to read:
   iface foo0 inet6 dhcp

However, looking at the man page, there doesn't appear to be a dhcp
method for inet6.

The work around, suggested back in April[1] was to use the manual
method.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/20110408185255.GA26905@khazad-dum.debian.net

--
Darac Marjal