Re: DVB video & sound problem Kaffeine on Wheezy

On Monday 10 October 2011 07:06:12 Richard wrote:
> Hi,
> I had the DVB part of Kaffeine running well on squeeze, the 1st time I
> installed. The 2nd time I installed with  LXDE and could not get video or
> sound out of it. On wheezy I'm getting the same, EPG is OK, tuning is OK
> its finding 200+ channels from Astra 23.5. I've installed obvious
> libdvdss2, ffmpeg, libxss1.
> I've checked the dependency list for kaffeine and all the required are
> installed. When you change channel the EPG is correct, but no sound or
> vision, just a little error message to say" audio device unavailable",
> when you click on the OK button it goes ding

I get the same message with kaffeine and kde 4.6.5 on Debian wheezy. Must be
due to a recent update because it worked before. VLC works alright. Are you
using packages from debian-multimedia.org as I do?

> I get the same error message if I try to play an audio file.
> any ideas ?

Cheers,
Eike

City people: To see these men in the daylight hours down town
one would think they cared more for a minute than for their
eternal happyness. (Will Lillibridge)