Re: [OT] Yet Another Language Issue (wa: imap with claws mail problem)

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 08:29:23 -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> On 10/09/2011 07:52 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> This can sound a bit rare but for us
>> (Spanish speaking users) is very hard to write some Enghlish words like
>> "don't know". We are not used to apostrophes and the word "know" is
>> specially difficult for us (you won't see many words in Spanish with
>> phonems "k" and "n" put altogether).
>
> The "k" in "know" (and other words that start with "kn") is silent,
> there is no [k] phoneme in those words, you know.

Which makes things even harder for us to write it properly! ;-D

In Spanish we have just a few phonems (e.g., "h") which neither sounds,
unless it comes with "c", that is "ch" or when used to adapt foreign
terms. You know, all languages have their own "oddities".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón