Re: nvidia-driver - some problems

> Well, AFAIK nvidia never stopped supporting their old cards. I know ATI
> did (I mean, the closed source driver), but that's another story...

 No, they did indeed! It is now a long time, older cards (below 8XXX) were nor
supported nby the nvidia-glx driver. So the kernel module could not be loaded.

> Besides, you can see your card listed at "nvidia-glx¹" package ("/usr/
> share/doc/nvidia-glx/README.txt.gz", Appendix A.) and that's why I asked
> what problem where you facing with this specific driver version.

Yes, it is listed, of course, but it mioght be an old documnetation that
Nvidia did not update. Dunno.......

> ¹http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/nvidia-glx
>
> Greetings,

In the meantime I tested the new driver: It does still not load. See my mail
with the strace output please.

Greetings

Hans