Re: nvidia-driver - some problems

On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 14:16:11 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> Am Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011 schrieb Camaleón:
>> On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 13:59:45 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
>
>> I must have missed something, but:
>>
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-display-amd64-285.05.09-driver.html
>>
>> Isnt' your card listed there ("supported products" tab)? Mine is (7600
>> GS) and also yours (7300 GT) so, what's the problem with this driver?
>> :-??
>>

> Hmm, Iit looks like I(!) missed something :))

I'm very glad to hear that! You made me feel a bit nervous :-}

> Seems like Nvidia is supporting older cards again. This is nice from
> them! So, due to this, I will check it out and try to get the latest
> driver running on my system.

Well, AFAIK nvidia never stopped supporting their old cards. I know ATI
did (I mean, the closed source driver), but that's another story...

> If I got it not managed, I might ask again, if you don't mind. I will
> give feedback anyway. Thank you very much for your help so far (also all
> other people!).

Besides, you can see your card listed at "nvidia-glx¹" package ("/usr/
share/doc/nvidia-glx/README.txt.gz", Appendix A.) and that's why I asked
what problem where you facing with this specific driver version.

¹http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/nvidia-glx

Greetings,

--
Camaleón