Re: webdruid and cron.daily error: Permission denied

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 03:30:33PM BST, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>         ${WEBDRUID_BIN} -Q -n "${HOSTNAME}" -o "${REPORT_ROOT}${NAME}"
> "${LOG_DIR}/${NAME}/access.log.1"

Initially I thought that your mailer broke the line but after installing
webdruid I noticed that you simply copied it from an example which in
turn had been copied from a bug report email where this line had been
broken by the email client of a person who reported the bug in a first
place. So either append "\" at the end of the first line or make one out
of those two.

> When I run /etc/cron.daily/webdruid I get error message:
> /etc/cron.daily# ./webdruid
> ./webdruid: 19: /var/log/apache2/csplbubba/access.log.1: Permission
> denied

No wonder, you're trying to run the log file - I should have spotted that
earlier.

> How can I solve this problem?

Stop copying things blatantly without understanding what they do ;^)

Regards,
--
Raf