Re: Debian 6 Squeeze bug report: application or kernel bug?

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 17:44:38 +0100, Ad L. wrote:

(re-arranging the message)

> 2011/10/7 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>

(...)

>> > Should I report this as a kernel bug, or as a bug in the mount
>> > package? (considering "Pid: 3218, comm: umount ...") I am not sure
>> > where to file this bug report, because it&#39;s a kerneloops caused
>> > by a bug.
>>
>> I'd say that "kernel oops" deserves a bug against "linux-2.6" package.

> Thanks, I wasn't completely sure.
>
> And my apologies for taking the non-existant "non-html"-character of
> gmail for granted. Should be solved now.

Now looks better. Thanks a bunch.

> That's one point where I absolutely love Debian+Xfce: serious
> functionality without resources being clogged up with beautiful but
> hungry gadgets. Must be said though, Xfce does have a fair share of
> it's own beauty while being very compact.

:-)

I have put Xfce in my "radar" as a possible candidate to replace the
upcoming GNOME3, let's see how Debian GNOME guys manage the gnome-shell
transition. At least by now they're doing it quite good.

> Also my apologies for even forgetting to put my name at the bottom.

No problem, I don't think there is a rule for that (i.e., "free
style") :-)

> Using a mailing list for the first time, and it's been time-consuming,
> while I strongly prefer to use that time to send out a proper, useful
> bug report.

Now you say... can you please provide additional information about that
"USB known problem" you talked before? There is a user in the Spanish
mailing list facing a "kernel oops" involving an external USB disk, and
he is also running Squeeze, so maybe there is a common link with this
issue :-?

> Anyway, thanks again. I hope that it'll reflect in a good contribution
> towards even better open source software.

(...)

Sure, by just landing here I'd say you are in the right path to become a
Yedi :-)

> (hoping I'm replying in the proper way)

Please note that a bottom-posting¹ style is preferred in this mailing
list.

¹http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting

Greetings,

--