Re: KDE does not log out or shut down.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

>Good. That means KDE is somehow preventing itself to be properly
>shutdown. Maybe a proccess in the background making noise? :-?

No Idea... If You have one, please w /me too.
For instance, LXDE works well - I mean logs out.

>Okay, then try with the "old" method: go to a tty (ctrl+alt+f1), log
>in as root and fall into "init 1", that will close your current X
>session. Then "su -" as your user, and run "startx". Once in, try to
>logout as usual, from the K menu.

Well. I can not start kde - for startkde fails to start - stating that
$DISPLAY variable is not set or impossible to connect to X server. And
startx starts LXDE - that I have no logout problem with.

>I meant, it looks like KDE doesn't "notice" the signal to run the
>commands when you press the corresponding buttons from the menu as I
>would have expected a warning or error to be printed on the screen
>advising the user that something went wrong.

Yea. And nothing works: shortkeys, nor menu item.

>>>(...)
>>>
>>>Thanks for the log... True is that I can't see a line related to the
>>>shutdown/logout error but it's plenty of the other Akonadi/Nepomuk
>>>warnings you also told us.
>>
>> Me too, but I have brought it in case You may find something else
>> leading to my problem, or some other stuff can fixed and that
>> occasionaly will fix/install the missing package if any.
>
>IIRC, this error was not present for the new user, right?

Well. It is *the whole error log* for a newly created user - from the
start of its session till logging out attempt.

>That may mean that you have to reset/resit your current kde user
>profile, but for the kde desktop I dunno what folder to rename, hum...
>maybe some KDE user of the list can give you some hints on this :-?

Good idea I will ask there. Thank You.