Re: KDE does not log out or shut down.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

>>>Does logout and shutdown work from command line?
>>
>> Ah... Do You mean from ttyN under root? - For I do not know how to
>> log out from KDE from x-terminal.
>
>Okay, you can run these two tests:
>
>1/ Try to shutdown as usual by running "shutdown -h now" from konsole

Now I got it. Yes, it works.

>2/ And then you can try to logout by running "killall kdeinit" or
>simply "kdekillall" (recheck these commands, maybe your version of KDE
>also allows another method to get the job done by means of "dcop
>something-to- logout") :-)

OK. For the "new" user there is no "kdekillall", whereas "killall
kdeinit" says there is no such a process. What I do for now is killing
all the user process that includes all the KDE-related stuff.

>> Just nothing happens - the dialog window vanishes away and that's it
>> - I can still use the session. It is the same for both. No any
>> on-screen messages for both options.
>
>Weird :-?

It is the risen why we are discussing it here. :)

>> Here is the content of error file since a new user has started the
>> very first KDE session:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/WshrSsAx
>
>(...)
>
>Thanks for the log... True is that I can't see a line related to the
>shutdown/logout error but it's plenty of the other Akonadi/Nepomuk
>warnings you also told us.

Me too, but I have brought it in case You may find something else
leading to my problem, or some other stuff can fixed and that
occasionaly will fix/install the missing package if any.