Re: KDE does not log out or shut down.

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 22:55:55 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:
>
>>Good. That means KDE is somehow preventing itself to be properly
>>shutdown. Maybe a proccess in the background making noise? :-?
>
> No Idea... If You have one, please w /me too. For instance, LXDE works
> well - I mean logs out.

No idea, sorry.

It must me something related to dbus or whatever processing system
employs KDE to communicate applications with the low level stack, I mean,
whatever is preventing the shutdown inside the desktop is not an
application or a process that you could "kill".

Gee.. desktops are becoming more and more complex by every hour :-)

>>Okay, then try with the "old" method: go to a tty (ctrl+alt+f1), log in
>>as root and fall into "init 1", that will close your current X session.
>>Then "su -" as your user, and run "startx". Once in, try to logout as
>>usual, from the K menu.
>
> Well. I can not start kde - for startkde fails to start - stating that
> $DISPLAY variable is not set or impossible to connect to X server. And
> startx starts LXDE - that I have no logout problem with.

Ah, I see. You have another desktop installed and set as default. Hum...
maybe you can try with one of these options:

How to select multiple desktop environment using startx?

(it's just to test, you can even manually edit the ".xinitrc" file and
point it to KDE instaead of LXDE and change it afterwards)

>>I meant, it looks like KDE doesn't "notice" the signal to run the
>>commands when you press the corresponding buttons from the menu as I
>>would have expected a warning or error to be printed on the screen
>>advising the user that something went wrong.
>
> Yea. And nothing works: shortkeys, nor menu item.

What KDE version are you running?

>>IIRC, this error was not present for the new user, right?
>
> Well. It is *the whole error log* for a newly created user - from the
> start of its session till logging out attempt.

Okay, but I meant if -despite the log- that Akonadi error was also
present on a fresh new created user. IIRC, you said the error was not
reproducible on a new user :-?

>>That may mean that you have to reset/resit your current kde user
>>profile, but for the kde desktop I dunno what folder to rename, hum...
>>maybe some KDE user of the list can give you some hints on this :-?
>
> Good idea I will ask there. Thank You.

Well, I was thinking in "this" same list :-) I'm sure there are many KDE
users around here.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón