Re: a quick Q: iceweasle add on

lina wrote:
> Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
> > You could just use apt-get or aptitude to install the youtube-dl package.
> > To use it you can just issue a command like
> >
> > $ youtube-dl <address of YouTube video you want to download>
> >
> > That will put the video in your home directory.

I use youtube-dl all of the time.  Works great.  But as the youtube
site changes you need to keep the script updated.  Since it is just a
script usually the latest one from Sid can be used on the old Stable
with no trouble.  Works for me.

>  $ youtube-dl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREKkAk628I&feature=related
> [1] 18854

You almost always need to quote the URL.  See that "&" in it?  That
ampersand is special to the shell.  It says to run the commandin the
background.  URLs often have those.  Therefore you often need to quote
the URL when used as a command line option argument.

Bob