Re: a quick Q: iceweasle add on

On 09/23/2011 01:00 PM, lina wrote:
On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Gilbert Sullivan<whirlygig@comcast.net>wrote:

On 09/23/2011 12:23 PM, lina wrote:

Hi,

My iceweasle version is 5.

while for this add-on, it has not updated to 5 yet.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-**US/firefox/addon/1-click-**
youtube-video-download/<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1-click-youtube-video-download/>

any suggestion?

I used to have a good faith about this plugins,

but for half a year I did not meet any song wanted me to download from
Youtube. so barely forget it.
and today I met a damn good video, so wanted to download it.

Thanks for any suggestions,

You could just use apt-get or aptitude to install the youtube-dl package.
To use it you can just issue a command like

$ youtube-dl<address of YouTube video you want to download>

That will put the video in your home directory.

  $ youtube-dl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREKkAk628I&feature=related
[1] 18854
lina@debian:~/Desktop$ [youtube] Setting language
[youtube] dREKkAk628I: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] dREKkAk628I: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] dREKkAk628I: Extracting video information
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/youtube-dl", line 2987, in<module>
     retcode = fd.download(all_urls)
   File "/usr/bin/youtube-dl", line 604, in download
     ie.extract(url)
   File "/usr/bin/youtube-dl", line 844, in extract
     return self._real_extract(url)
   File "/usr/bin/youtube-dl", line 1135, in _real_extract
     'player_url':    player_url,
   File "/usr/bin/youtube-dl", line 571, in process_info
     success = self._do_download(filename, info_dict['url'].encode('utf-8'),
info_dict.get('player_url', None))
   File "/usr/bin/youtube-dl", line 775, in _do_download
     stream.close()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'close'

I tried the related URL, not work.

can you download it?

(haha... if you can, once you download, can you do me a favor, send the
video to me.
LOL ... sorry, for the beauty of the voice, hope I did not ask too much
here.
For 4 hours I am sitting here, there is no other sounds, except this one.
might be a bit crazy, my ears are addicted to it.)

Uh, no, I couldn't download it with either cclive or youtube-dl.

And that makes me happy.

;-)

heh-heh

Seriously, I'm not sure what's wrong with that one. I'm able to download any other video that I try at will from YouTube. I'm guessing there might be something wrong with that one -- other than the obvious.

I'm glad that you were able to find a plug-in for Iceweasel to do the job for you.