Re: a quick Q: iceweasle add on

On 09/23/2011 12:23 PM, lina wrote:
Hi,

My iceweasle version is 5.

while for this add-on, it has not updated to 5 yet.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1-click-youtube-video-download/

any suggestion?

I used to have a good faith about this plugins,

but for half a year I did not meet any song wanted me to download from
Youtube. so barely forget it.
and today I met a damn good video, so wanted to download it.

Thanks for any suggestions,

You could just use apt-get or aptitude to install the youtube-dl package. To use it you can just issue a command like

$ youtube-dl <address of YouTube video you want to download>

That will put the video in your home directory.

Another package that works similarly is cclive.