Re: regards the /

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:31:30 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>> > Tell you one secret, I didn't know LANG means language environment.
>> > When I test each directory.
>> > I avoid using the up arrow to get history. I tried to type each time
>> > to enhance memory of it. How silly I was/am.
>>
>> He... that's a good gimmick I should also use to improve my memory (it
>> takes me some time to remember the commands I barely use) but I'm so
>> lazy than even to run history commands I use "!+history number" instead
>> of retyping it again :-P
>>
>  Ha ... it's not easy to remember the history number.

There is nothing to remember :-)

I run a command:

sm01@stt008:~$ ls -l
(...)

Then I want to run that same command again, but don't remember (or don't
want to retype) the full syntax, what were the parameters I added, etc...
So I ask "history":

sm01@stt008:~$ history|grep ls
(...)
 501  ls -l
 502  history|grep ls

Okay, it was 501, perfect. To run it again is just a matter of:

sm01@stt008:~$ !501
ls -l

This is smart. I used to copy the command and paste there, sometimes during \n, it won't recognize.

Thanks for sharing (share one amazing thing, today my sister she told me that she was possibly pregnant. lol ... it's a beautiful beautiful thing. haha ...).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón