Re: regards the /

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 02:04:09 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2011, at 1:34, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>>> The command #LANG=POSIX; df -h * is cool. Thanks,
>>
>> Note: I set the LANG environment to posix because...
>>
>> 1/ My system is in Spanish so when posting some output to this mailing
>> list it is desiderable to get the results in English
>>
>> 2/ I only have a small set of locales available (I mean, no
>> "en_US.utf8" in this system):

> Thanks very much for explanation.
>
> Tell you one secret, I didn't know LANG means language environment. When
> I test each directory.
> I avoid using the up arrow to get history. I tried to type each time to
> enhance memory of it. How silly I was/am.

He... that's a good gimmick I should also use to improve my memory (it
takes me some time to remember the commands I barely use) but I'm so lazy
than even to run history commands I use "!+history number" instead of
retyping it again :-P

> You are a very nice person. Seriously. Sometimes my Qs could drive
> people stressed and away.  Really appreciate your patience.

(...)

You're welcome (and thanks for your warm words).

I can be very verbose sometimes -despite my English skills aren't as good
as I would like- but I always try explaining things in the same way I'd
like people explain them to me.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón