Re: 100% used / file system. Help!

On Qua, 21 Set 2011, Lisi wrote:
So now things are working again, but I would still like to know what went
wrong, and shall work through all the suggestions until either I solve what
went wrong or I run out of things to try.

We cannot guess, not with only the vague information you've given us. Some likely culprits (/var/log) have been noted, but only you can confirm that.

Several ways of discovering big files and directories have been given. Run them, and investigate the ones taking up more space.

--
Not everything worth doing is worth doing well.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br