Rolling my own

I'm trying to figure out how to make my own Debian based distribution. Either I'm asking the wrong question on Google or there is no information.

I'm trying to take Debian and build a custom install for a product. I need to replace the kernel and add a few things to this installation CD. I've read the DebianInstaller pages, the Simple-CD instructions and other instructions. What I can't seem to find is once I have the pool set up, how do I put in my kernel and other packages. I could just be missing a step with regards to the apt-ftparchive command or I'm going down the completely wrong path.

Anybody have a good, detail tutorial on how to build a custom distribution with packages that I build?

Thanks,
--
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.

--
No virii here...