Re: autodiscover of a samba share

El 2011-09-15 a las 14:28 +0200, tadziu escribió:

(resending to the list)

> > Yes, but I don't see many key differences between the two processes, just
> > one or two additional clicks :-?
> >

> i'll put it another way, i guess linux philosophy and open source
> is about giving the user possibility to customize and change the
> system to the way he want's it to be look, behave etc.

Yes, that is true but nowadays that premise has been almost forgotten
(just look around what the main DE -KDE and GNOME are doing).

> i know that some people don't agree with that (cannonical) but
> nontheles we can have a choice.

Sure, what still remains true is that you can always make your choice:
if you don't like how something is done you can jump to another one :-)

> i don't want to sound rude, but what you just did was telling me
> that i don't need functionality i'm looking for because it's
> inconvinient when working in large networks, and practically
> useless because i already have it with few more clicks.

No, don't take it in that way, that's not fair.

I was telling you just what's another linux user (me) point of view,
that is, what are my preferences and what I do to access to my windows
shares. Of course every one of us have a different thinking and like
doing things in different ways, that's normal. You like your system
behaves like a MacOS (in this regard), I don't, that's all.

> i'm sorry but that was not the answer for my question,
> but anyway thanks for your obviously good intensions.

Don't be upset, you can always ask for such functionality in GNOME's
bugzilla, who knows, maybe it's already done within the new gnome-shell :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón