autodiscover of a samba share

hi,

recently friend of mine visited me with his macbook in my
home. i never used macos before to often, but i was amazed
that its default file manager discovered automatically my public
samba shares without mounting. they are just visible and
accessible with single click, just after connecting to my wireless
network.

honestly i'm jealous, BUT i'm pretty shure that it can be done
in debian aswell.

was looking for some solutions on internet, but i haven't found
anything satisfying.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance
/t