Re: Remove annoying Gnome 3 notifications

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:12:57 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 20:52:23 +0600, Gary Golden wrote:

(...)

>> Do you know by any chance which package controls this behavior? Knowing
>> the package name I can look around and possibly find a solution.
>
> AFAIK, notifications are integrated within the window manager but maybe
> thereis a way to control how they look by means of "dconf-editor" or the
> old "gconf".

Oh, my... I just perfomed a system upgrade and now I can see what you
meant my "annoying"... what the hell is "that"? I get two alerts: one on
the top-right screen (black balloon) and a system tray icon that looks
like "gedit" icon ¿? X-D

Okay, just in case this can be of any help, in the Spanish mailing list a
user has reported that by removing "notification-daemon" package and
installing "notify-osd" things seem going back to "normal" but I still
have not tested, I'm looking for a way to restore the look & feel of the
old notifier.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón